Heep Chi Association 協智 is a registered non-profit charitable organization incorporated in the province of Ontario. It was founded in 1999 in the Greater Toronto Areas by a group of Chinese families with members who have a developmental disability. Our families support one another by sharing information, knowledge, experience and resources. We are committed to helping our members to be included in the community.
Charitable Registration No: 84112 1015 RR001
- To build a family support network;
- To provide information to families with developmentally disabled member;
- To maintain close liaison with community resources and the public; and
- To help members to live, work and be part of their community.
Heep Chi Association follows the principle of Person Directed Planning and observes the needs of families in the context of their cultural background, with a focus on the needs of Chinese speaking families (Cantonese and Mandarin speaking).
- To develop family support network through social and recreational activities;
- To organize informational and training seminars for families;
- To reach out for external resources;
- To increase public awareness for an inclusive community; and
- To become a sustainable community agency.